Mexico week 1: La Paz

Whales, kayaking, and snorkeling - oh my! 



About 10 months ago I heard that a friend of a friend was planning a group trip to La Paz, Mexico. We’d contract with a local company to spend two days whale watching and then four days sea kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, & camping on an island. That seemed like a good start to a trip so I signed up!






Flash forward to last week, when I realized that I had put ZERO thought into how effortful the trip might be. It was a lot, but it was great. I even got good at properly rolling & packing my tent by the third day!








It was not quite as warm as I’d have liked, and the kayaking was pretty tough, but it was so beautiful out there. Our guides were super knowledgeable and everyone got along really well. And they made us incredible meals! 

I was super happy to get back to running water - and a mattress! - but the week was really special. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July = Family time

Elephant visit

Making plans - technology flavor