And I’m off!

 In Portland we have a fun/odd tradition of posting pics of our feet showing our iconic airport carpet. No explanation required, it means “Adventure awaits!”



And it’s my turn to post the pic. After months of planning and not quite believing it’s going to happen, I’m at the airport facing down 20 hours in 3 different planes, and 10 hours in airports. Here’s the plan: 

  • Tonight (Monday) - 4-hour red-eye to Chicago
  • 4.5-hour layover
  • 14 hours to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (in business class, baby!)
  • 2.5-hour layover
  • 2-hour flight to Nairobi, arriving 1p local time. 
The red-eye is the worst part (I hope!) but I went on a lovely hike with a friend and had a great sushi dinner with my sister and midnight is totally past my bedtime, so I hope I at least nap. Having a lie-flat bed in business class will make the14 hours go quickly, but hopefully I’m awake to enjoy some of it. 

I’m heading to 2 days in Nairobi, 12 days of safari, 3 days on the beach, and then I’ll go see friends in Dakar, Senegal. Then I head to Switzerland. 

I made a point of enjoying my Portland time and now it’s time to get my head into travel mode!

Comments

  1. Eeeee how exciting!! May the redeye be smooth as silk and I hope you soak up all the luxuries in biz class international 😍

    Have all the fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July = Family time

Elephant visit

Two weeks of not so much!