July time at home

 I didn’t ONLY travel to see family in July. I had just about two weeks at the end of the month - and realized I needed to take full advantage of them. Since I’m spending August in Canada, those days at the end of July were the last of my Portland summer! 

So, I got busy! 

I went marionberry picking (Oregon-created hybrid of blackberry & raspberry). I went to see comedy in one of our city parks. I went wine tasting  






What else? I did one hike, one short bike ride, two kayak outings, one water aerobics session, finally toured a mansion I’d been meaning to check out for 25 years, went to a singalong, and had some great food. 




I went to a backyard BBQ at a friend’s place, and saw two movies: Thor (…it was fine) and a documentary about Leonard Cohen, his song Hallelujah, and how it became a touchstone. I LOVED this and highly recommend it. 


And now: I head to Canada. This summer feels like a whirlwind!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July = Family time

Elephant visit

Two weeks of not so much!