Jan 30-Feb 2: Olympic National Park

 At some point in January I realized I had time for a small adventure before my next big one! I contacted friends to ask for lodging tips for the Olympic National Park, and was surprised & pleased to be invited to join a friend in a cottage he’d rented. Talk about serendipity! 



I drove up the 4+ hours, stopping randomly at what turned out to be a fantastic lunch spot. 




The cottage was adorable, and I got there in time to head out for a quick hike. 














The next two days I did two longer hikes - amazingly I had zero rain any of the days! There was almost no one out there - on the first short hike I saw zero people; on the second I saw about 4; on the third hike I saw no one again. It was magical, and nice knowing that my host was aware of where I was going, just in case. 

My impromptu idea for a quick getaway turned out better than I hoped, and I understand those who’ve fallen in love with that part of the world. But I’m still glad it didn’t rain. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July = Family time

Elephant visit

Making plans - technology flavor