July = Family time

 I’m spending time with family and have been getting some real summer in! 




I flew to meet up with my SIL and niblings, and we four went to see my parents. We got in lots of beach, park, and library time, along with some summer food faves like lobster rolls, frozen lemonade, and ice cream. Plus a very successful sea glass-hunting expedition!




Then I flew with them to their home in much hotter places, but I get to see my brother and enjoy a few more days with the kids. 

One cool game we played is called Dixit. Everyone is dealt a few art cards, and one person picks a card and says a word that their card evokes for them. Then everyone else chooses a card from their hands that evokes the same words or feeling. We didn’t bother with scoring but it was pretty fun, and great to get a glimpse of how their little brains work. This is the set of cards we used for the cue “patience”:


And the adults are having fun working on a backlog problem my brother has from a cocktail subscription kit! 




Comments

  1. Glad your enjoying your trip! What is Sea-glass hunting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend told us about a little rocky beach that is a great place to find seaglass. It was very satisfying!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like fun all around! The card game is intriguing. I hope the backlog issue was largely resolved by the end of the gathering.

      Delete
  2. Looks like the rock-throwing beach continues to entertain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eee that sounds like a REAL summer vacation! Also I like that art card game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elephant visit

Making plans - technology flavor