And I’m off!

 First trip starts today.


- 2 nights in a cabin/shack at Lost Lake, kayaking & hiking 

- 4 nights in a hotel in Ashland, seeing plays & people 

- 2 nights tent camping in Lassen Volcanic National Park, more kayaking & hiking

- 2 nights tent camping in the redwoods. Hiking, no kayaking. 

This means I had to pack: inflatable kayak. Bin of camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, etc). Cot, chair, paddles, PFD, pump for kayak. Borrowed camp stove & bin of camping kitchen gear. Duffel bag of clothes, to cover temps from 40-80 degrees. Cooler and bag of food. Not to mention clothes to wear in civilization when I go see a bunch of plays - I sent that small suitcase with my sister. Oh, also a stack of books and cds, and a sun hat, and a rain jacket, and and and …

I’ve been making this list for a LONG time. Wonder what I’m forgetting?

Right now I’m getting an oil change (no time like the present?) & mapping my route. Here we go! 

Comments

  1. Amazing job at Tetris there, I hope you will share your packing expertise as you go along :)

    Best of traffic and best of weather to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July = Family time

Making plans - technology flavor

Elephant visit